The Simpson Strong-Tie DSVR3R5LB #10 x 3" Deck Drive™ Red Wood Screw is a powerful fastening solution for preservative-treated decking applications. With its under-head nibs and fast-start tip, the DSV is ideally suited to be driven and countersunk into today’s wood deck boards. The shank is designed to withstand the swelling and shrinkage that is common with fast-growth lumber. Also DSV screws are available in collated strips for use in the Quik Drive® auto-feed screw driving system.
Quik Guard® Coating Information
- Low-torque threads allow up to 35% more screws to be driven on a battery charge
- Ribbed head design countersinks easily and provides a clean, finished appearance
- High-low tip provides fast starts
- Optimized threads for dimensional lumber
- Quik Guard® coating provides corrosion resistance for exterior and certain preservative-treated wood applications
- Tan color blends in with most woods
- Approximately 76 screws per pound
- T-25 6-lobe driver bit included
Simpson Strong-Tie Quik Guard is a proprietary coating that consists of an electro-deposited base layer with organic paint layer that provides equivalent protection to hot-dip galvanization in some exposures. In ASTM B117 salt spray test at 1000 hours of exposure, Quik Guard coating has an average 1.9% red rust.
Level of Corrosion Resistance:
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie Information
- If there are any items on the Simpson Strong-Tie Website that you do not see on the DHC Supplies website we will gladly special order them. Most special order Simpson items ship the same or next business day as long as there is stock available. Call us at 800-323-2999 for pricing and availability.
- Important: Selecting USPS as a shipping method for any Simpson Strong-Tie product may delay shipping 1-2 days. Additionally, international shipments may also be delayed 1-2 days.
- Possible Free Shipping! Orders (Continental USA Only) of Simpson Strong-Tie items only that total $2200.00 or more may ship free depending on location, type of business and the type of Simpson products required. Additional products will be charged standard shipping if applicable. Please call 800-323-2999 to see if your order qualifies.
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This product is normally available for immediate shipment either from our warehouse or our vendor's warehouse. If we or our vendor are out of stock or do not have enough inventory to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as soon as possible. If you need an immediate inventory status update before you place an order please call our sales department direct at 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:00PM Pacific Time for this information.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer or vendor usually in 1-5 business days.
- Manufactured Item: This product has to be manufactured by the vendor. We will ordered the item immediately but it will usually take 5-7 business days to ship.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This usually can take from 1-6 working days to ship depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Telephone Orders Only: These are usually products like tools that we have had numerous attempted fraud purchases. They are usually in stock and will ship immediately but will only ship to the address on the credit card unless other arrangements have been made. Please call 800-323-2999 for more information
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.