The Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive® SD and SDS structural-connector screws are the only screws approved for use with Simpson Strong-Tie connectors.
The Simpson Strong-Drive® SD9112SS SD Stainless-Steel Connector Screw is specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie® stainless-steel connectors. The load-rated SD9112SS screw has been tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong-Tie products. In certain applications screws are easier and more convenient to install than nails, and the single-fastener load values achieved by the SD9112SS screw exceed those of typical 10d common nails. In addition, the Type 316 stainless steel provides excellent corrosion resistance appropriate for severe-exposure environments.
- Specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie stainless-steel connectors and is the only screw approved for that application. The SD9112SSS screw replaces 10d nails.
- The single-fastener load capacity of the SD9112SS exceeds the capacity of a 10d common nail.
- Tested and approved for use in many of Simpson's most popular stainless-steel connectors for both interior and exterior applications.
- Ideal for use in connector applications where more control is desired or using a hammer is inconvenient.
- 1/4" hex head with 0.37"-dia. integrated washer is stamped with the Simpson Strong-Tie "≠" sign and the fastener size for easy identification after installation.
- Shank is specifically designed to match the fastener holes in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors.
Type 316 Fastener Stainless Steel Information
- Screw Length: 1-1/2"
- Shank Size: .131"
- Thread Length: 1"
- Head Size: 1/4" Drive
Type 316 stainless steel is a nickel chromium austenitic grade of stainless steel with 2-3% molybdenum and is inherently non-magnetic. Fasteners made from Type 316 stainless steel are compliant with the 2006, 2009, and 2012 International Building Code, section 2304.9.5 and the International Residential Code 2006, Section R319.3 and 2009 and 2012, section R317.3. Type 316 stainless steel is not hardened by heat treatment and provides the highest level of corrosion protection available, especially in environments with chlorides.
Level of Corrosion Resistance:
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie Information
If there are any items on the Simpson Strong-Tie Website
that you do not see on the DHC Supplies website we will gladly special order them. Most special order Simpson items ship the same or next business day. Call us at 800-323-2999 for pricing and availability.
Selecting USPS as a shipping method for any Simpson Strong-Tie product may delay shipping 1-2 days. Additionally, international shipments may also be delayed 1-2 days.
Possible Free Shipping! Orders (Continental USA Only) of Simpson Strong-Tie items only that total $1850.00 or more may ship free depending on location, type of business and the type of Simpson products required. Additional products will be charged standard shipping if applicable. Please call 800-323-2999 to see if your order qualifies.
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer or vendor usually in 1-5 business days.
- Manufactured Item: This product has to be manufactured by the vendor. We will ordered the item immediately but it will usually take 5-7 business days to ship.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This usually can take from 1-6 working days to ship depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.