The Simpson Strong-Drive® SDWS16212Q 2-1/2" x .160" Framing screw is designed and load-rated for replacing 16d, 10d and 8d nails in multiple types of framing applications. The SDWS Framing screw is 0.160" in diameter and superior to nails in holding power and pull-out resistance. It is code listed under IAPMO UES ER-192 and meets 2012 and 2015 IRC® and IBC® code requirements for several common wood framing and engineered-wood applications. The screw has a SawTooth™ point that makes for fast installations with reduced torque without having to pre-drill the wood. The head is specially designed to countersink easily providing a clean, flush finish. The included T-25 bit holds the 6-lobe recess tightly, reducing cam-out and head stripping. Quik Guard® coating provides protection reduces corrosions problems thus reducing removal problems far into the future.
Quik Guard® Coating Information
- Large head with underhead box-nibs provides increased bearing in structural applications and provides clean and easy countersinking (0.44" head dia.)
- SawTooth™ point for quick starts with no pre-drilling
- Serrated threads (1.125" Length) reduce installation torque for easier driving
- The 6-lobe drive reduces driver-bit cam-outs, resulting in easier installations and longer bit life
- Quik Guard® coating provides protection in indoor and outdoor applications
- Applications include multipurpose wood-to-wood and engineered-wood connections, including framing, indoor/outdoor projects
Simpson Strong-Tie Quik Guard is a proprietary coating that consists of an electro-deposited base layer with organic paint layer that provides equivalent protection to hot-dip galvanization in some exposures. In ASTM B117 salt spray test at 1000 hours of exposure, Quik Guard coating has an average 1.9% red rust.
Level of Corrosion Resistance:
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie Information
If there are any items on the Simpson Strong-Tie Website
that you do not see on the DHC Supplies website we will gladly special order them. Most special order Simpson items ship the same or next business day. Call us at 800-323-2999 for pricing and availability.
Selecting USPS as a shipping method for any Simpson Strong-Tie product may delay shipping 1-2 days. Additionally, international shipments may also be delayed 1-2 days.
Possible Free Shipping! Orders (Continental USA Only) of Simpson Strong-Tie items only that total $1850.00 or more may ship free depending on location, type of business and the type of Simpson products required. Additional products will be charged standard shipping if applicable. Please call 800-323-2999 to see if your order qualifies.
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer usually on the same or next business day.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This can take form 1-6 working days depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.