The Hitachi DH40MC 1-9/16" SDS Max Rotary Hammer is designed to take on a variety of tasks including drilling holes in concrete for anchors or rebar, demolishing and chiseling concrete, cutting, digging, tamping or driving ground rods. The powerful 10 amp motor produces 6.3 foot pounds of Impact Energy and delivers top of class drilling speed. It's also easy and comfortable to use with an oversized knob that changes the mode from hammer drilling to hammer only, and an oversized trigger that is easy to use while wearing gloves.
Side Handle (330209), Grease (981840), Depth Stopper (971786) and Carrying Case (371122)
- Powerful 10 amp motor produces 6.3 ft. lbs of impact energy for tough jobsite applications
- 360° side handle provides additional comfort and control
- 2,800 Full load max impact rate to quickly remove stubborn materials
- 620 No-load RPM for faster drilling speed
- Needle pin slip clutch for improved user protection in bound bit situations
- Soft over-molded Handle for added comfort and control, less fatigue
- Two modes of operation allow for greater versatility by providing the option of hammer drilling or hammer only
- Large change lever for easy mode switching
- Large trigger switch for easy grip and control
- Bit Type: SDS-Max
- Max No-Load Speed: 620 RPM
- Max Impact Rate: 2,800 BPM
- Impact Energy (EPTA) : 6.3 ft/lbs
- Amps: 10
- Capacity: Drill Bit: 1-9/6"
- Capacity: Core Bit: 4-1/8"
- Modes of Operation: Hammer/Hammer & Drill
- Handle Type: D
- Vibration Level: 16.5m/sec2
- Side Handle : 360 degree
- Tool Dimensions: 17.6" x 10" x 4.1"
- Tool Weight: (15.6 lbs) with side handle
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer usually on the same or next business day.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This can take form 1-6 working days depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.