The Simpson Strong-Tie DTT2Z ZMax® Tension Tie is a safe, cost-effective way to attach deck-railing posts to the deck framing. Because the post is tied back into the deck joists, rather than to the rim joist alone, the connection is stronger than typical through-bolt installations and complies with IRC and IBC code requirements regarding handrail and guardrail post connections for decks. The DTT2Z also complies with the new IRC requirements for laterally tying the deck to the house. Additionally, the versatile DTT2Z is load rated as a holdown for light-duty shearwalls and braced wall panel applications. The DTT2Z fastens easily to a single 2x joist or stud using Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS screws (included) and accepts a 1/2" machine bolt or anchor bolt.
The DTT2 is ideal for two critical deck connections:
- Ties the guardrail post into deck framing
- Stronger and safer than nails, lag screws or bolts
- Meets provisions set in the International Residential Code® (IRC) for guardrail reinforcement (Table R301.5)
- Single post-to-deck connection tested for the concentrated load specified in ICC-ES acceptance criteria for Handrails and Guards (AC273)
- Ties the deck into the house for a stronger, safer ledger connection
- Helps prevent a common type of deck failure
- Meets provisions set by the 2009 International Residential Code® (IRC) for lateral deck-to-house connections (R502.2.2.3)
ZMax® Galvanized Coating Information
- Includes: 8 SDS25112 Screws
- Finish: ZMax® coating
- Material: 14 Gauge
- Anchor Bolt/Clearance: 1/2"/13/16"
- Height: 6-15/16"
- Width (Top): 3-1/4"
- Width (Base): 1-5/8"
ZMax® Coating is a thicker coating (galvanized per ASTM A653 with a G185 coating) than the standard hot-dip galvanized coating (galvanized per ASTM A653 with a G90 coating). This thicker coating is available on select Simpson Strong-Tie connectors. Due to this increased galvanized thickness these connectors would be expected to have a longer service life than standard galvanized connectors.
Level of Corrosion Resistance:
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie Information
If there are any items on the Simpson Strong-Tie Website
that you do not see on the DHC Supplies website we will gladly special order them. Most special order Simpson items ship the same or next business day. Call us at 800-323-2999 for pricing and availability.
Selecting USPS as a shipping method for any Simpson Strong-Tie product may delay shipping 1-2 days. Additionally, international shipments may also be delayed 1-2 days.
Possible Free Shipping! Orders (Continental USA Only) of Simpson Strong-Tie items only that total $1850.00 or more may ship free depending on location, type of business and the type of Simpson products required. Additional products will be charged standard shipping if applicable. Please call 800-323-2999 to see if your order qualifies.
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer usually on the same or next business day.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This can take form 1-6 working days depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.