The Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDWH19400DB 4" screw is ideal for structural and general-purpose fastening applications where a hex-head drive is preferred. This 0.195" diameter fastener requires less torque to install than comparable fasteners, making it easier to drive; while the corrosion-resistant coating makes it suitable for many interior and exterior applications. The large hex washer head of the SDWH19400DB 4" screw creates an excellent bearing area for a secure connection. The hex head lessens chance of cam-outs making this screw easy to drive.
- Bold thread design provides superior holding power
- Patented 4CUT® tip ensures fast starts, reduces installation torque and eliminates the need for pre-drilling in most applications
- Knurled shank section above the threads makes driving easier
- Under-head nibs offer greater installer control when seating the head
- Large head provides maximum bearing area
- Double-barrier coating provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization, making it suitable for many exterior and preservative-treated wood applications
- Available in lengths up to 10" for maximum versatility
- Large hex-washer head provides excellent bearing area for a secure connection
- Hex drive reduces cam-outs for easier driving
- The Strong-Drive® SDWH hex head structural wood screw installs with a 5/16" hex driver bit. Full tubs include (2) hex drivers.
- Individual screw purchases do not include any hex drivers
Double Barrier Coating Information
- Overall Length: 4"
- Thread Length: 2-3/8"
- Head Diameter: .64"
- Shank Diameter: .195"
- Point Type: SawTooth™ Point
- Corrosion Protection: Double-Barrier Coating
The Simpson Strong‑Tie® double-barrier coating is a proprietary two-layer coating that provides a level of corrosion protection that is equivalent to ASTM A153 hot-dip galvanization in most non-marine exposures.
Level of Corrosion Resistance:
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie Information
If there are any items on the Simpson Strong-Tie Website
that you do not see on the DHC Supplies website we will gladly special order them. Most special order Simpson items ship the same or next business day. Call us at 800-323-2999 for pricing and availability.
Selecting USPS as a shipping method for any Simpson Strong-Tie product may delay shipping 1-2 days. Additionally, international shipments may also be delayed 1-2 days.
Possible Free Shipping! Orders (Continental USA Only) of Simpson Strong-Tie items only that total $1850.00 or more may ship free depending on location, type of business and the type of Simpson products required. Additional products will be charged standard shipping if applicable. Please call 800-323-2999 to see if your order qualifies.
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer or vendor usually in 1-5 business days.
- Manufactured Item: This product has to be manufactured by the vendor. We will ordered the item immediately but it will usually take 5-7 business days to ship.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This usually can take from 1-6 working days to ship depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.