The Simpson Strong-Drive® SDS25212 1/4" x 2-1/2" structural screw is a 1/4" diameter wood screw ideal for various connector installations as well as wood-to-wood applications. The SDS25212 screw installs with no pre-drilling and has been extensively tested in various applications. SDS screws feature a patented new easy driving 4CUT tip and a corrosion resistant double-barrier coating.
- Overall Length: 2-1/2"
- Thread Length: 1-1/2" Serrated
- Shank Diameter: 1/4"
- Point Type: Type 17 Point
- Drive Type: 3/8" Hex
- Coating Type: Double-Barrier
Double Barrier Coating Information
- The patented 4CUT tip has a square core and serrated threads to reduce installation torque and make driving easier with no predrilling and minimal wood splitting.
- A new double-barrier coating finish provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization. Now one screw can handle interior, exterior and certain pressure-treated wood applications. See Corrosion Information.
- 3/8" hex washer head is stamped with the No-Equal sign and fastener length for easy identification after installation.
The Simpson Strong‑Tie® double-barrier coating is a proprietary two-layer coating that provides a level of corrosion protection that is equivalent to ASTM A153 hot-dip galvanization in most non-marine exposures.
Level of Corrosion Resistance:
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie Information
- If there are any items on the Simpson Strong-Tie Website that you do not see on the DHC Supplies website we will gladly special order them. Most special order Simpson items ship the same or next business day as long as there is stock available. Call us at 800-323-2999 for pricing and availability.
- Important: Selecting USPS as a shipping method for any Simpson Strong-Tie product may delay shipping 1-2 days. Additionally, international shipments may also be delayed 1-2 days.
- Possible Free Shipping! Orders (Continental USA Only) of Simpson Strong-Tie items only that total $2200.00 or more may ship free depending on location, type of business and the type of Simpson products required. Additional products will be charged standard shipping if applicable. Please call 800-323-2999 to see if your order qualifies.
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This product is normally available for immediate shipment either from our warehouse or our vendor's warehouse. If we or our vendor are out of stock or do not have enough inventory to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as soon as possible. If you need an immediate inventory status update before you place an order please call our sales department direct at 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:00PM Pacific Time for this information.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer or vendor usually in 1-5 business days.
- Manufactured Item: This product has to be manufactured by the vendor. We will ordered the item immediately but it will usually take 5-7 business days to ship.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This usually can take from 1-6 working days to ship depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Telephone Orders Only: These are usually products like tools that we have had numerous attempted fraud purchases. They are usually in stock and will ship immediately but will only ship to the address on the credit card unless other arrangements have been made. Please call 800-323-2999 for more information
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.