The Mag-Bit 701.1016 5/8" x 7-7/8" Single Spur Short Wood Auger Bit has an opposite cutting lip for clean entrance and exit holes and a self-feed screw point for fast, effortless boring. The shorter length of the Mag-Bit 701 series allows you to get into tighter spaces like between wall studs.
Single Spur Auger Bits:
The heads of these bits are very different from Ship Head Auger Bits. As the name implies, they have a spur that protrudes from the outer diameter of the head. This is designed to scribe the outer edge of the hole as it is being cut, reducing splinters and blow outs. For best results the bit should not be forced into the work piece.
Only One Cutter:
the spur is placed opposite the cutter to allow it to engage the work piece before the cutter, ensuring a clean entrance hole. Many of the competitive bit do not place the spur in this optimum position. If the spur follows the cutter it is of no value. These bits are manufactured with a solid center for greater strength.
- Black Oxide Flutes
- Quick Change Shank
- Self-feeding screw point
- Spur for Clean Boring
- Packed in a reusable storage tube
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer usually on the same or next business day.
- Manufactured Item: This product has to be manufactured by the vendor. We will ordered the item immediately but it will usually take 5-7 business days to ship.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This can take form 1-6 working days depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.