The Simpson Strong-Drive SDS25312SS-R25 1/4" x 3-1/2" stainless steel structural screw is a 1/4" diameter wood screw ideal for various connector installations as well as wood-to-wood applications. The SDS25312SS-R25 stainless steel screw installs with no pre-drilling and has been extensively tested in various applications. SDS screws feature a patented new easy driving 4CUT tip and a corrosion resistant double-barrier coating.
- Overall Length: 3-1/2"
- Thread Length: 2-1/4" Serrated
- Shank Diameter: 1/4"
- Point Type: Type 17 Point
- Drive Type: 3/8" Hex
- Coating Type: Type 316 Stainless Steel
Type 316 Fastener Stainless Steel Information
- The patented 4CUT tip has a square core and serrated threads to reduce installation torque and make driving easier with no predrilling and minimal wood splitting.
- Offering the same easy-driving, split-reducing installation of the standard SDS screw, these screws are made from Type 316 stainless steel. The stainless-steel SDS screws are appropriate for higher-exposure environments where maximum corrosion-resistance is required. See Corrosion Information.
- 3/8" hex washer head is stamped with the No-Equal sign and fastener length for easy identification after installation.
Type 316 stainless steel is a nickel chromium austenitic grade of stainless steel with 2-3% molybdenum and is inherently non-magnetic. Fasteners made from Type 316 stainless steel are compliant with the 2006, 2009, and 2012 International Building Code, section 2304.9.5 and the International Residential Code 2006, Section R319.3 and 2009 and 2012, section R317.3. Type 316 stainless steel is not hardened by heat treatment and provides the highest level of corrosion protection available, especially in environments with chlorides.
Level of Corrosion Resistance:
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie Information
If there are any items on the Simpson Strong-Tie Website
that you do not see on the DHC Supplies website we will gladly special order them. Most special order Simpson items ship the same or next business day. Call us at 800-323-2999 for pricing and availability.
Selecting USPS as a shipping method for any Simpson Strong-Tie product may delay shipping 1-2 days. Additionally, international shipments may also be delayed 1-2 days.
Possible Free Shipping! Orders (Continental USA Only) of Simpson Strong-Tie items only that total $1850.00 or more may ship free depending on location, type of business and the type of Simpson products required. Additional products will be charged standard shipping if applicable. Please call 800-323-2999 to see if your order qualifies.
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer usually on the same or next business day.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This can take form 1-6 working days depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.