The new patent-pending Simpson Strong-Tie® MPB66Z is the first post base specifically designed to provide moment resistance for 6 x 6 columns or posts. An innovative overlapping sleeve design encapsulates the post, helping to resist rotation around its base. The MPB66Z is ideal for outdoor structures, such as carports, fences and decks. Built-in standoff tabs provide the required 1" standoff to resist decay of the post while eliminating multiple parts and assembly. Additionally, the MPB66Z is available in ZMAX® as the standard finish to meet exposure conditions in many environments.
ZMax® Galvanized Coating Information
- Material: 12 gauge
- Finish: ZMax® G-185 Galvanized
- Internal top-of-concrete tabs
- 1" standoff tabs
- Additional holes provided to attach trim material
- Weep hole provided for water drainage
- Included Fasteners:
(24) SDS25250 Screws (1/4" x 2-1/2")
ZMax® Coating is a thicker coating (galvanized per ASTM A653 with a G185 coating) than the standard hot-dip galvanized coating (galvanized per ASTM A653 with a G90 coating). This thicker coating is available on select Simpson Strong-Tie connectors. Due to this increased galvanized thickness these connectors would be expected to have a longer service life than standard galvanized connectors.
Level of Corrosion Resistance:
Additional Simpson Strong-Tie Information
If there are any items on the Simpson Strong-Tie Website
that you do not see on the DHC Supplies website we will gladly special order them. Most special order Simpson items ship the same or next business day. Call us at 800-323-2999 for pricing and availability.
Selecting USPS as a shipping method for any Simpson Strong-Tie product may delay shipping 1-2 days. Additionally, international shipments may also be delayed 1-2 days.
Possible Free Shipping! Orders (Continental USA Only) of Simpson Strong-Tie items only that total $1500.00 or more may ship free depending on location, type of business and the type of Simpson products required. Additional products will be charged standard shipping if applicable. Please call 800-323-2999 to see if your order qualifies.
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer usually on the same or next business day.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This can take form 1-6 working days depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.
Everything you need for building at one place, for a great price!
- by Marco
I got onto this website to get some Simson structural fasteners, they have everything, the price is right, and it gets to you in record time, I highly recommend this company! 05/31/17
Fast and correct
- by Thom
I needed 24 Simpson post bases for a project. Amazon had 8, for an oddly low price, so I ordered them. I ordered the balance from DHC for a few dollars more, and they arrived in two days, drop-shipped from Simpson. The ones from Amazon came one at a time over the next ten days. Won't make that mistake again. 5/14/17