The Smart Vent 1540-510 Stainless Steel Foundation Flood Vent is a dual function vent that works as a natural air ventilation system under normal conditions and a flood vent that relieves water pressure on your foundation and structure during flood conditions. These vents are used for a home or other type of structure with a crawlspace.
A bimetal coil automatically opens and closes the ventilation louvers as temperature changes. No electricity is required. The louvers will be fully closed at 35F and fully open at 75F. In the event of a flood the internal floats lift to release the flood door to rotate open and relieve the hydrostatic pressure regardless of the louvers’ position, open or closed.
Flood Resistant Materials
The Smart Vent product line is constructed out of Marine Grade Stainless Steel and is 100% made in the United States. T316L Stainless Steel is renowned for its ability to withstand usage in harsh marine and chemical environments, ensuring that our products will handle everything Mother Nature throws at them. Because T316L Stainless Steel is known for its strength and resistance to cracking, dents, and embrittlement it’s utilized in high profile projects meant to last decades. Alloyed with Chrome, Nickel, and Molybdenum, T316L Stainless Steel takes the strength of steel and adds protection making it the ultimate flood resistant material.
- Model #: 1540-510
- installation Type: Masonry Wall
- Style: Louvered
- Air Ventilation: 15 sq. in.
- Flood Coverage: 200 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 16" (w) x 8" (h) x 3" (d)
- Rough Opening: 16-1/4" (w) x 8-1/4" (h)
- Finish: Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel
Explanation of Product Availability Terms
- Stock Item: This is a product we normally have available for immediate shipment. If we are out of stock or do not have enough to complete your order we will notify you by phone or email as
soon as possible. If you need to know if we have it in stock before you place the order please call 800-323-2999 Monday through Friday 7:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Ships Direct: This product ships direct from the manufacturer usually on the same or next business day.
- Special Order: This product has to be special ordered into our store and then shipped to the customer. This can take form 1-6 working days depending on the item and manufacturer.
- Out of Stock: This product is out of stock and will be replaced in the future. Depending on the vendor we can sometimes have a product that is out of stock drop shipped direct to you.
Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
- Discontinued: These are products we are no longer stocking. However they may be available as a special order. Please call 800-323-2999 if you have any questions.
Please Note: If we can drop ship an order and save shipping charges we will notify you and then pass the savings on to you.
- by Jack in Montana
<p>Ordered twice, both orders quickly shipped, no hiccups. Website is great, easy to use, prices competitive. 07/07/1</p>
Zippy, Fast, Service
- by Caroll
I use a Chapin pump sprayer to apply kaolin clay to my apple trees to prevent apple maggot infestations. Yikes! I lost my sprayer's brass trip. I ordered a new tip from DHC Supplies (internet) and it came from Nevada to rural northern Michigan in only thee days. Thank you for the prompt service. Caroll 07/07/17